5G Cellular Technology introduces a high volume market for AstroComm High Efficiency SSPAs.
- 5G Cellular Networks will offer a huge increase in data that will also result in a huge increase in power requirements.
- Significantly higher power requirement than 4G/LTE
- Higher transmission frequencies will require more dense cell towers.
- Huge increase in number of SSPAs required for tower transmission.
- Very high-efficiency SSPAs to provide more data with lower power usage.
- Low-cost SSPAs to be economically feasible for cellular networks.
- Volume production to satisfy the size of 5G networks (1000s-1000000s)
5G SSPA Global Opportunity: ~$2Bn over next 10 years.
- 5G deployment is gaining momentum globally.
- It is the communication backbone of the future, for application in smartphones, cars, utilities, factories, etc
- Very high speed internet: >10 times 4G
- Very high density coverage: 1M devices/sq. km
- Operating frequencies up to 6GHz
- 5G deployment will require a substantially larger density of transmission cell sites compared to 4G.
- High frequency requires cell sites every 300m
- 5G deployment will require very-high-efficiency SSPAs.
- Requires high transmission power to transmit very large amount of data
- Needs to minimize power requirements to reduce operating costs
- AstroComm design enables low-cost high-volume assembly line production of high efficiency SSPAs