Low-Cost Cardio-monitor with remote telemetry
AstroComm is partnering with Global Ground Systems to develop an affordable Cardio-monitoring technology with remote telemetry that enables:
- Full 12-lead cardiac diagnostics, as well as monitoring capability.
- Service/treatment provided by trained medics & local physicians with remote assistance from off-site cardiologists.
The unit will be able to perform in two modes:
- Cardiac diagnostic mode using 12 leads
- Event monitor mode (Holter), using 1, 3, 5, or 12 of the leads
- Full, 12-Lead ECG Capability
- Monitors full cardiac state, including detection of myocardial infarction
- Monitor (Holter) Mode using 1, 3, 5, or 12 leads using removable memory (7-30 day storage)
- Ability to transmit data real-time or in batches
- Intuitive diagnostic and analysis software accessible remotely and locally
- Run off 110-240V or batteries (up to 7 days)
- Modular mini-printer available
- Wireless (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM) or wired data transmission
- Defibrillator protection and Lead-off Detection capability
The target market for this product would be the Developing Countries with under-served and rudimentary health care systems, where advanced healthcare is usually restricted to large cities at a cost that is prohibitively expensive for rural areas.
Such a low-cost cardiac monitoring solution is likely to develop a quick and growing market, and a strong NGO health network can facilitate the propagation of this service.