AstroComm introduces its S-Band downlink transmitter for satellites. This transmitter provides high-speed downlinks for LEO and MEO missions, offering rates up to 10.0 Mbps manchester-encoded. The transmit power is 10W (downward scalable) provided by a fully solid state power amplifier with 50 Ohm I/O.
The principal differentiators for this product are:
- Very Competitive prices and leadtimes
- Data rate up to 10.0 Mbps
- Data rate switchable
- QPSK modulation
- Manchester encoding
- Design and manufacturing processes in the United States
The transmitter is able to take data and clock inputs from multiple on-board sources using a simple two wire protocol. The transmitter is a direct conversion transmitter and uses low power technology. It is fully qualification tested and ready to fly. The following are the salient features of the Astrocom S-band 10W transmitter.
- Voltage bus nominal voltage: 28V
- Frequency of operation: 2.0 Ghz to 2.45 Ghz
- Modulation: QPSK
- Power dissipation: 20W typical
- Frequency accuracy: 10 Khz
- VSWR at the antenna: 1.5
- Mass: 800 gm typical
- Design lifetime: 7 years min
- Monitored state variables: Temperature, Current consumption, Synthesizer lock status
In addition to this transmitter, AstroComm can custom build any other RF products and offer solutions to various RF-related problems.